Thursday, November 17, 2011

Basketball

Basketball is one of the most important things in my life, almost all of my free time is consumed by something that has to do with basketball. The game of basketball is so different than any other sport because there are so many things that you can do to get the ball into the hoop. It is one of the worlds most popular sports and the NBA has some of the worlds top athletes. I love basketball because it is non stop hard work and excitement. In my opinion basketball is one of the hardest sports because it takes so much practice to get good at every aspect of the game, most players never master a single aspect of the game. There are so many things that are happening every second of a basketball game that you are making split second decisions without even realizing that you are. You decide if you are going to shoot, pass, or dribble without realizing that you even thought about it, you just react to what you see.
On offense there are many thuings you have to be able to do. In basketball you have to learn plays so that you can score in a half court set up. You have to know ways to score in transition and when you need to pull the ball back out on top. You have to be able to throw good passes and see when you should throw a pass. You have to be able to drive the ball to the basket strong and score or get fouled which leads to foul shots. You have to be able to make foul shots, they are usually what wins games. Next you have to be able to shoot and score. There are many ways to score, you can score by making lay ups, dunks, jumpshots, runners, floaters, three point shots, and foul shots.
I love offense because I love the feeling of making a shot when a defender is playing some tight defense. Also it is fun to try new ways to get to the basket and score that I haven’t done before. I like it when I out score my defender or just flat out, outplay him the whole game. It is a great feeling when you are the leading scorer even in just a pickup game. Basketball, personally is the best sport ever created in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment